Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Snickerdoodles by Amy Ward McLaughlin

Snickerdoodles by: Amy Ward McLaughlin (my lifelong friend and college roomie)
Mix thoroughly:
1 cup soft shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs

Sift together and stir in:
2 3/4 cups flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
Roll into walnut size balls. Roll in mixture of 2 TBS sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon. Bake 2" apart on ungreased (not even sprayed!) baking sheet at 400 for 8 to 10 minutes.

Melba's note: I was digging through some old e-mails and found this so, with Amy's permission I hope, I decided to post it. I've known Amy longer than anyone outside my family. She's a wonderful, loyal, amazing person and friend. One of my favorite memories involving this recipe happened the first semester we lived together at BYU (we lived a total of 4 semesters together, plus were together at BYU Jerusalem.) I was in our room studying and Amy was in the kitchen. She called up the stairs, asking if she could borrow my milk. A few minutes later, she walked in the room with a plate of steaming fresh snickerdoodles and a glass of cold milk. mmmmmmm...... heaven.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Just want to thank you for posting this Meibs...I have been craving some good Snickerdoodles lately and have been trying to find a wonderful recipe! Yahoo!