Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Healthy(ish) Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 cup rolled oats
1 cup whole-wheat flour (I used white whole-wheat and it made it lighter)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt. Beat butter with an electric mixer until fluffy. (Bosch users - this recipe is a little small for Bosch). Add oil, sugars, egg, and vanilla; beat until smooth and creamy. With the mixer running, add the dry ingredients, beating on low speed until just combined. Stir in choc. chips.
3. Bake about 15 minutes.

Melba's note: This is not my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. My favorite recipe, which I hope Julie, Sammie's Mom, will post soon is hers. She and I agree that if we are ever on death row and about to be executed, we'll request her chocolate chip cookies and a glass of cold milk as our last meal. It's important to plan these things in advance, you know.
But, I wanted something a little more healthy and so I tried these and was pleasantly surprised! Good texture AND good flavor.

No comments: